April 29, 2014

Baby Sweater & Puppy Dog

Baby Sweater & Matching Beanie Hat
I made this baby sweater and hat for a friend of mine, whose grand-baby was just born.  It's a little large for a newborn, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I used Mikey's tutorial to finally get it right.  I had to "frog" it four times in order to get the collar worked out, which took a lot of time.  It was frustrating, but I pushed through and am so glad that I did!  This sweater is more like a 6-12months in size and was fairly easy to do, once I got the collar (yoke) to work the way I wanted it to.  I think I'll make a few more with a smaller hook for the newborns.  


Otie the Dog
I also made this cute little dog ami for the baby's older brother.  I am told he was named "Otie," which seems very fitting for this little guy.  He was a lot of fun to create and I followed a pattern that I got from Little Owls Hut. He stands about 7" tall and his ears and limbs can move.  He even has a cute little tail.  His eyes are crocheted circles with safety eyes attached and his belly-button button makes him complete.  His colors are dark green and a burnt orange snout, which I'm told are Otie's owners favorite colors.  He is also wearing a navy blue collar, but it can't be seen in the pictures.  Enjoy your new home, Otie!

No comments:

Post a Comment