September 27, 2013

Owl Hat & Mittens

Well, here they are! I'm pleased with the way they turned and out and even more proud of myself for the mittens.  I found 4-5 different patterns for the thumbless baby mitts, but I frogged them all because they were written poorly and things weren't working.  I ended up started them like the amigurumi dolls (magic ring and spiral sc) until I got to the length I wanted, and then I changed color to sc around and then added double crochets every few stitches to make the holes for the "laces" to go through.  Worked like a charm!  I think it's really cute and I hope my recipient likes it too.

I have patterns for all sorts of animals - a dog, cat, duck, bear, sock monkey, pig, cow, lion, penguin and rabbit.  Then there's the now popular Despicable Me Minions and Mickey/Minnie caps.  I guess if you can think of it, there's a pattern for it or it can be created.  Are you ready for winter? If not, I'd love to crochet a special one-of-a-kind hat (and mittens or wristers) just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment